Use the computer without a display
Windows has many features that enable you to use your computer without a display. For example, you can have screen text read aloud by using Narrator or you can have Windows describe screen activity to you.
You can turn on or adjust settings for these features by clicking Use the computer without a display page in the Ease of Access Center.
- Click to open Ease of Access Center.
- Select the options that you want to use:
- Turn on Narrator. This option sets Narrator to run when you log on to Windows. Narrator reads aloud on-screen text and describes some events (such as error messages appearing) that happen while you're using the computer. For more information about Narrator, see Hear text read aloud with Narrator.
- Turn on Audio Description. This option sets Audio Description to run when you log on to Windows. Audio descriptions describe what's happening in videos.
- Turn off all unnecessary animations. This option turns off animation effects, such as fading effects, when windows and other elements are closed.
- How long should Windows notification dialog boxes stay open? This option sets how long notifications are displayed on the screen before they are closed.